Friday, April 16, 2010

Hippity, Hoppity, Happy Easter Day!


We were so thrilled to be able to go up to my parents house for spring break, which this year included Easter. Jack and Cody got to have a total of three Easter Egg hunts and went way over their jellybean quota. The first egg hunt they had was at my Aunt Sharon's house. She had all six of her grandkids there, plus my two. The two oldest hid the eggs for the rest of the kids. Jack and Cody loved it. Everytime I turned around though, Cody was sneaking candy out of everybody's baskets! The next day, was Easter Sunday which we spent at my parents church. They had a breakfast for everybody and then during children's church, the kids got to get more eggs, candy and some toys. Right after church, we went home and did our easter hunt with the boys and my parents. We hid all the eggs that they had actually dyed a few days earlier. Most of them were pretty damaged because, of course, Cody the Barbarian had been rifling through the basket and kept saying they were balls and throwing them across the room. Neither one of them seemed to mind the cracked and shattered eggs and had so much fun finding them in Gram and Gramps yard. We did so many fun things with the kids while we were up there and they made some very special memories with their Gram and Gramps. Jay and I got to get away and spend a night in Chicago while my parents watched the boys. They had so much fun going to the park, the mall, and at night they all camped out on the living room floor with Gramps. The next morning my parents met us at Navy Pier and we took the kids on the huge ferris wheel and to the children's museum. It really was a great trip. Cody really started to burst out with his talking and communication skills. I thought being the second child he would not talk as much but I think I am going to be proven wrong. He can now say too many words to even list and says lots of prahses and short sentences too. Some of my favorites are: I some too,I ready, my shoes? here are! ceal pease!, and when he thinks Jay is home he says daddy here! and when he realizes he was wrong, he says, it not daddy:(. Jack is growing up so fast and getting to be way too mature for his age. He loves to talk and make up stories. He is always saying, Mommy I want to say something to you! This usually means at least a 10 min one sided conversation about pirates, monsters, cowboys, ghosts, or a combination of any of the above. His stories always involve a "problem" as he says, and he is always the one who saves the day as "super Jack". He loves books and I am getting ready to start trying to read some chapter books to him just to challenge him a little and stretch his imagination even farther (if that is even possible). We will see how it goes. I love them and I can't wait for summer and all the wonderful adventures we will get to go on this summer. Hopefully, that will include a trip to see Gram and Gramps!

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully, this summer will include a trip to Texas!? I can wish, right? Thanks for the updates on the boys; it makes me feel like I know them a little.

    ReplyDelete