Friday, January 27, 2012

Truth be Told

Truth be told, I would love to be on here blogging more often than I do. I really love it. It's such a welcome escape from whatever it is that I should be doing (laundry, lesson plans, laundry, laundry, cleaning, laundry, and laundry). However, I've been thinking it would be infinatly more fun if this were a "fictional" blog and I could carefully pick and choose my words and pictures to reflect the life that I think would look the most appealing to the general population (i.e would make me look like the coolest, hippest mom ever). It would include me explaing how the boys and I made our own fingerpaint and proceeded to make a mural on the fingerpaint paper taped to the walls of our dining room. I would have pictures of us strolling through museums and gardens soaking in the culture. We would also always get the chance to go the Library at least twice a week. Of course this would go without saying, but the boys would never, ever watch a cartoon or t.v. of any kind. I mean that is just a crutch for weak moms, right? I would also make sure I included pictures of all the wonderful vacations we were able to go on that year (surfing in hawaii, sking in colorado).




First of all, that would blog would be so incredibly annoying, I wouldn't be able read my own posts. Second of all, that is not my life. Well, some of that is my life, just not all the time. I do love doing things like making our own paint and doing art projects with the boys. To say that I did all these wonderful, creative crafts everyday would be stretching the truth. While I love museums and being exsposed to culture, I have yet to be able to take the kids to a museum (other than the chilren's), I don't think it is fair let Cody loose on that kind of an institution. Vacations are few and far between for us, but we do take day trips whenever we can. I guess what I am saying is, don't be like me. I sometimes get so caught up wanting to be "supermom" that I forget that just being "mom" is really all my kids want or need. So, even though I can't do everything and be everything all the time, it's okay. I'm doing my best with what God has entrusted me. Some days that might mean an awesome art project, other days it might be simply be getting dressed and keeping their faces clean.





My goal for this blog is that the truth will be told, and that it will be encouraging, and freeing for other mom's like me. Oh, and one more thing, my boys do watch t.v. on a fairly regular basis. Does that make them zombies? Maybe, but at least they are very, very cute zombies. :)





Here is what we have been up to:





We finally got snow last week. The boys were ready to shovel!













By this time there little cheeks and noses were starting to get very red.






When it got too cold, we brought the snow inside. We used food coloring and water. Notice Jack's "yellow snow". :)



I tried to make a car track for the boys on the floor using masing tape. It looked better in my head.


Crazy Jay shoveling the snow in his shorts!


Most of the snow has melted, but at least the boys got to go sledding once. They couldn't get enough of it.


Cody went down the hill yelling, "I'm sledding, baabyy!"


They would have stayed there forever.

2 comments:

  1. Cheyenne, thank you for letting us in on your life there in Chicago. We miss you and I hang onto every word you write. I can imagine the boys doing the things you tell us about and how much fun you and Jay are having with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like y'all are having a great time. And trust me, the thirty minutes that TV provides is much needed mommy sanity restoration time!! (at least in my opinion)
    Love ya,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete