Sunday, January 8, 2012

By my God have I leaped over a wall!

I have learned two things this week. Number one, teaching 21 preschoolers is not the same as being the mother of two preschoolers. Number two, I am too old to be at a skating rink at twelve in the morning.
First of all, I made it through my first week of teaching. That is why I titled this post the way I did. Psalm 18:29 says, "For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall. Since having boys, this verse has always made me think about being a super hero. You know, charging through the enemies forces and making great leaps over walls. Who doesn't need that kind of energy and strength? It always makes me smile to think that with God we can posses certain super-hero type qualities. I tell my boys that God is the Super Hero of our lives. So whatever the wall is that we need to get over, God will help us leap over it in a single bound.
Second of all, even though I may have made it through my first week of school, I almost didn't make it through my first homecoming event. The 9-12 graders had their homecoming game Friday and Saturday they all went out for the night. Since Jay has his CDL he drove the bus and I was able to tag along. First we went to Medieval Times where I tried to keep my cool, but like always, I got emotionally involved in the show. I screamed, cheered, booed and even caught a flower from one of the knights. All of that was followed by ice skating at an indoor arena from ten to twelve. It's sad, but by ten-thirty I was imagining my pillow on the ice and almost laid right down a couple of times. The kids had fun though, and I was glad I got to know all of them better.
I hope you all have a great week and remember that with God you can leap any wall in a single bound!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reminding me that God will help me "leap" over the wall that is ahead of me. I am going to need His help. Thanks for updating us and so glad you guys are having such a wonderful life there.

    ReplyDelete